Saturday, March 29, 2008

Empire State went GrEen..!


Well, this wasn't planned to be in the list, but after the Empire State went green, I have decided to share what I wanna share. Let's read:
===========

For the first time in its history, the Empire State Building in New York was lit in green in celebration of Eid-ul-Fitr.

It will be green till Sunday.

So far, the landmark tower has been lit in traditional colours every year only on the occasion of Christmas and the Jewish festival Hannukah. From this year on, lighting on Eid too will become an annual event.

At the end of Ramadan, Muslims throughout the world celebrate for three days to mark the end of Ramadan. In Islam, the color green symbolizes a happy occasion.

Soaring 1,454 feet above Midtown Manhattan, the Empire State Building was recently named America's most favorite building in the poll conducted by American Institute of Architects.

http://www.rediff.com/news/2007/oct/13look1.htm
============

Now in the west, ppl celebrate Muslims' occasions. And by the way, this is true, I am in NYC, the building was green during "Eid"....Some might wonder why I am angry or dissatisfied. Well, I'm so happy that ppl of the Empire State did what they did, but when we think about it from a slightly different angle, things are different !.....

In the Middle East and the entire Islamic countries, I can bet my life if they are willing to do such a thing in a Jewish or Christian occasion. To make it easier, in Xmas (for ex.) they will never ever put a big Xmas tree in the middle of a city's square or circle, not even a tiny one...Even if this city has a good number of Christians..!!....Not only this, it makes me laugh when I hear their justifications!..they keep saying stuff like "That's a Muslim nation....We should never express any joy during such celebrations..."


My Non Arab, Non Muslim buddies....I encourage you to ask your Arabian friends about this....Saudi, Pakistan, Yemen, Egypt...anywhere, never celebrate any non-Muslim event.

A whisper in your ears, "I do not blame them, because that is their religion and its teachings....no matter how hard a moderate one tries to polish its image, if their man was living now, he'd absolutely endorse their behaviors."



Source in Arabic:

http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2007/10/15/40360.html


Love & peace to all.

No comments: